Monday, April 28, 2014

04.28.14

Happy Monday to you all! 

This quote was an inspiring one for me as I began my day: 
Embrace change with open arms. It can lead to things you never thought possible and open doors you never would have dared walk through. Make this week a worthwhile one. Remember to keep an open mind to all that is possible. 

Now let's get to the fashion. I love lavender - always have, always will. Here is a great lavender and floral maxi that I have had since the high-low trend first became prominent. The belt serves a dual purpose: I love the aesthetic it gives as an accessory and, quite frankly, this dress is big on me and I have yet to get it tailored. I will never make the mistake of giving something away due to improper fit. Most of the time a tailor can fit it to your body and make the piece uniquely your own. 

I seem to collect maxi dresses and wear them all the time. They are so comfortable, relaxed, and true to my California casual style. Since this dress has a bohemian, romantic feel to it I continued to style in that direction with gold leaf earrings, gladiator sandals, and a loose, soft swept side braid. 




dress:gift. belt:vintage(my mom's belt). bangles:Alex and Ani.
Until next time, 

xoxo Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment