Sunday, March 23, 2014

03.21.14

Friday night I celebrated my good friend, Amanda's, birthday with dinner at one of my favorite places in San Clemente. It was so fun to celebrate her birthday with friends and family. 

For dinner, I paired my Express skirt with a new crop top, black heels, and my leather jacket. This was a great outfit for a friend's birthday dinner because it was more dressed up than the traditional California casual "jeans look", but still not overpowering the birthday girl herself. And with the gorgeous weather we have been having here in CA (Hello Summer!) this crop top and skirt combination was definitely doable. 

I have to tell you that instead of paying $30 or more for a single crop top at Nordstrom, Bloomies, or Express, I thought the trend through and decided to hit more affordable stores like Forever 21 and H&M. Purchasing four or five $5-10 crop tops from Forever 21 was such a great way to 1) save money and 2) build many individual and unique outfits around this basic black skirt. My advice to you all is to splurge on the classic pieces that will last year after year and save by purchasing affordable trend pieces that you may be "over" by fall. I tend to avoid shopping towards the trends and simply wearing what I love and gravitate to naturally. This allows for each item I wear to reflect my personal style. 








top: Forever 21. skirt: Express. clutch: Forever 21(old). heels: Kenneth Cole(old).
Until next time, 

xoxo Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment