Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baking Bit: Gluten-Free Banana Bread

Obviously, this is a fashion blog, but I love sharing beauty bits and, now, baking bits with you. Any great recipe is worth sharing, right? I rarely bake. I just don't have the patience for it. I am an excellent cook and that is where all my creative energy in the kitchen goes. But this recipe is so delicious and easy, I use it to make this banana bread all of the time. 

Next time you crave banana bread or have some ripe bananas make sure to give this recipe a try. 


Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe

Prep. time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 45-55 for loaves/20-25 for muffins. 

ingredients-
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/4 tsp. salt
4 eggs 
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4-5 medium) 
1 cup sugar 
2/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil 
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
*I throw in a tablespoon of flaxseed for the health benefits. This is an optional ingredient. 

directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Stir the dry and wet ingredients just until moistened. 
3. Transfer to two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or muffin pans. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 45-55 minutes for loaves or 20-25 minutes for muffins. 
4. Cool for ten minutes. 


Here is the flour mixture with some of the other ingredients the recipe calls for.


This is as delicious as it looks! 

I have based this recipe of the one I found on Taste of Home's website. Nutritional facts found here

Until next time, 

xoxo Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment