Thursday, August 7, 2014

Puppy Love

Happy Thursday to you all! I apologize for being so M.I.A. this week, but I have such an amazing excuse for my absence. My husband and I adopted the most adorable pit-mix puppy. 

Introducing our sweet baby, Anabelle. 

Taking her home.
blouse:Loft. earrings:Forever 21. jeans:GAP. flats:Nordstrom BP.

I grew up having many dogs throughout my childhood and early adulthood, but this is my first dog to have living on my own and I love that I get to experience it with my husband. I am so overwhelmed with love for her and love being with her every waking second. She is so well behaved, loving, and cuddly that is make us feel even more reassured about our decision to adopt her. 

She was found off of Ortega Highway in San Juan Capistrano, CA with her brother and was brought to my sister's workplace, Zuri Pet Spa. They were two puppies alone hiding under a parked car who could of easily been coyote food or hit by a car on busy Ortega Highway. Once I heard Zuri had saved two pit-mix puppies (and after months of eyeing pit-mixes with my husband) I knew it was meant to be. I had to have her. Thank you to Micah, Jenn, Bree, and all the others who saved them. <3

I hope to bring more positive and helpful awareness to the pit bull and pit-mix breeds. All of the prejudices against them disgust me. So many of them are raised for the wrong reasons and are treated so horribly. I understand certain dogs can have a more aggressive streak in their breed, but you can raise them to be loving, loyal, and kind dogs. 

Here are two great organizations who help to rescue pit bulls and give them to loving homes. Please take some time to check them out and see what good they do for their communities. 

Morning cuddles during breakfast.

Kisses from mama. 
Lovin' on our little Anabelle.
dress:H&M(old). bangles:Forever 21 and Free People. sandals:Target. 
As you can see, she is such an angel. 
Now please excuse me if I become one of those people who posts excessively about their new pet. I just might, but who can really blame me? She is too darling for words. Follow me on instagram (WhatAmandaWore) to see current photos of Anabelle along with my fashion posts. 

xoxo Amanda  

No comments:

Post a Comment