Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cooking Bit: Gluten-Free Lasagna

Good morning to all you blog readers, 

Last night I had dinner with my parents and sister. I made them lasagna from scratch as well as homemade garlic bread. I wanted to share the link for a recipe I based my lasagna off of, but I really am one who cooks as I go and throws things in at random. It is hard for me to follow a recipe word for word. 

Lasagna

Here is where I based my recipe for the cheese and layering of the ingredients from. For the sauce, I sauteed onions and garlic, threw in two pounds of grass-fed ground beef, italian sausage, basil, oregano, and canned spaghetti sauce into a large, saute pan. I also subbed in gluten-free lasagna noodles for the regular lasagna noodles. So delicious! 





Garlic bread:

This is my go-to garlic bread recipe. It is so easy and so good. All you need is: baguette bread, butter, garlic, parsley, and mozzarella cheese (shredded). 

First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Second, melt a stick of butter in a saucepan. While the butter is melting, mince 4 - 5 cloves of garlic. 

Third, after the butter is melted, remove it from heat and add the garlic. Stir until well mixed. 

Fourth, slice open your baguette of bread and pour the butter & garlic mixture evenly over each open side of the bread. Place the bread in the heated oven for fifteen minutes. 

Fifth, after the fifteen minute are up, remove the bread from the oven and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and parsley. Place the bread back in the oven for 10 minutes so the cheese is toasted and melted. Remove from the oven when done and serve. :) 


I hope you all enjoy the recipe! 

xoxo Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment